Changing the Hospice Experience in the Most Unique Way
About Our Palliative and Hospice Care in San Gabriel Valley
Unique hospice and palliative care is a certified hospice agency that serves the Los Angeles area as well as surrounding areas. Unique hospice offers a holistic approach to care that addresses the physical, emotional, educational, cultural and spiritual needs of our patients, their families and their caregivers. It is our most humble mission to educate communities about the amazing benefits of hospice care and help people receive quality care at the end of their life.
What is Hospice?
Hospice is a service, not a place. Hospice is care that comforts and supports patients and their families when an advanced illness can’t be cured. Hospice can be provided anywhere a person calls home. It treats the symptoms of advanced illness for people during their last months, weeks, and days of life. The goal of hospice is to provide quality care to every patient and to make the most of the rest of their life. Hospice is provided by a team of caring professionals specially trained in end-of-life care. They manage a patient’s pain and discomfort and also support the whole family around the emotional, social, and spiritual aspects of death and dying.
Where is Hospice Care Provided?
• Nursing Home
• Assisted Living facility
• Short-term, inpatient Hospital
• Senior Living
• Friend or Relative’s Home
The Unique Vision
• Help patients receive dignified comfort care from admission all the way through the bereavement period.
• Make decisions based on the needs of the patient, regardless of the cost
• Utilize our staff to the best of their ability through excellent communication to provide exceptional care for the patient and their family
Common End-Stages Diseases Associated With The Need For Hospice Care Include:
• Cardiovascular Diseases- CHF/CAD
• Liver/Renal Disease
• Pulmonary Disease -COPD/Emphysema
• Neurological Diseases- Stroke, Coma,
• Parkinson’s Alzheimer’s/Dementia
Services Covered Under Unique hospice
Physician services for the medical direction of the patient’s care provided by either the patient’s personal physician or a physician affiliated with the hospice program.
Home Care Visits
Regular home care visits by registered nurses and licensed vocational nurses to monitor the patient’s condition and to provide appropriate care and maintain patient’s comfort.
Personal care services such as bathing, dressing, grooming, light housekeeping, and small meal preparation provided by a team of trained and certified home health aides.