The Admissions Nurse (RN), will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Explain the hospice program philosophy and services to prospective patients and their family.
- Evaluate the patient’s medical history, physical status, and functional needs.
- Obtain consents and benefit elections as appropriate, complete all admission paperwork.
- Uses assessment date to determine care plan needs and initiates the plan of care.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine Hospice and home care needs and identifies problems for each patient upon admission.
- Communicates with other members of the clinical team to coordinate the care plan.