We are currently seeking an energetic Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) who will be responsible for direct patient care.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end-of-life care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. This includes active participation in the biweekly interdisciplinary team meeting.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing and assessment skills; able to accurately identify and communicate any changes of condition that warrant adjustments in the plan of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Registered Nurse/Case Managers.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse shall have a current LVN license in the state of California.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Understands and embraces philosophy of hospice and end-of-life. Also understands the needs of the terminally ill.
- Have a flexible schedule and be available to work on evenings/weekends, if necessary.
- Good prioritization and communication skills.