We are looking for a highly motivated, customer service oriented person to join our team as Patient Care Coordinator Hospice LVN. Previous experience is a plus, but not required. Bilingual a plus, but not required.
This is an in-office position. Mon-Fri 8:30am- 5:00pm
Job duties consist of, but are not limited to:
- Responds to referrals and inquires about hospice services; processes admission paperwork.
- Completes miscellaneous clerical projects/tasks i.e. data entry, word processing, filing, ordering of equipment and supplies as assigned.
- Provides other administrative assistance and support duties as directed by the Administrator and Director of Nursing.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage several responsibilities simultaneously in a timely fashion without compromising quality such as accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
- Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations, standards of practice, and established work rules.
- Maintains accurate tracking systems to review documentation and ensure compliance.
- Prepares reports and documents for use at the weekly interdisciplinary group meetings and ensures prompt return of documents and records.
- Keeps track of certifications, re-certifications, physician orders, assessments and logs as required.
- Assures sufficient availability of admission packages and clinical/medical forms for staff’s use.
- Responds to telephone calls and/or visitors in a warm, sincere and timely manner.
- Communicates with staff and outside agencies as directed.
- Facilitates communication between patients/families and other team members.